Monday 14 September 2020

Mama Elephant 8th Anniversary Release! Toasty Friends

 Hello wonderful crafty friends!  I'm so excited to share these projects for Mama Elephants 8th Anniversary release!!  Mama Elephant kindly sent me some goodies to play with and create some projects for you to get you all excited and inspired for all the newness coming on 15th September (release is available at 12am EST)!

My first project(s) are a card and tag using Toasty Friends(*) stamp set.  


How cute are these little critters huddled up around the fire with hot chocolate and marshmallows?!  I can't cope with the cuteness and those heart thought bubbles?  I just had to put as many as I could on the card!  

The soft ink blending on the background was achieved by using Strathmore Bristol Smooth card stock (so easy and soft to blend on) along with Distress Oxides in Victorian Velvet and Weathered Wood with some soft blending brushes.  To add extra interest I splattered on some gold paint from my 36 pan Gansai Tambi watercolour pallet.

The images were stamped on copic friendly card with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink.  The images were colored in Copic Markers.  I used a lot of colours and I have listed them all on this colour map:

The A2 card base is made from Simon Says Stamp 'Fog' card stock.  I trimmed the scene card panel to 5" by 3 3/4"" so that I had a nice 1/4" border around the edge,  This helped to frame my scene.

For the tag I used Mama Elephant Framed Tags Madison Avenue Creative Cuts with a left over piece of Bristol Smooth card stock.  I used the bunny and heart thought bubbles again from the Toasty Friends(*) stamp set.  I also used a sentiment from the new Mixed Holiday Greetings(*)  stamp set.  To finish the tag off I added a small piece of silver thread and a crisp white satin bow.  


If you would like to see a more in-depth video of the making of these projects be sure to check out the video below:
Here is a list of the rest of all the products used:
- Toasty Friends stamps & dies - Mama Elephant (*) 
- Mixed Holiday Greetings - Mama Elephant (*) 
- Framed Tags Madison Avenue CC - Mama Elephant 
- Strathmore Bristol Smooth Cardstock 
- Fog cardstock - Simon Says Stamp 
- Distress Oxide - Victorian Velvet 
- Distress Oxide - Weathered Wood 
- Gold Paint - Gansai Tambi 36 pan watercolour set 
- Memento Ink - Tuxedo Black 
- Versafine Onyx Black Ink 
- Copic Cardstock - Make it Blend (Marker Geek) 
- Copic Markers 
* Fireplace - E79, E77, E74, E71, E70, E19, YR27, YR24, Y15 Y11, E13, W8, W6, W4, W3, E29, E27, E23 
* Dog - E27, E25, E23, R20, C3, C1, C00 
* Bunny - E44, E43. E42, E41, RV52, R89, R85, R83 
* Lamb - W4, W1, W0, E44, E43, E42, R20 
* Thought Bubbles - C3, C1, C00, R89, R83, R83 
* Stockings & Rug - C3, C1, C00, R89, R85, R83, YG67 YG63, YG61 
- Foam Tape - Scotch 3M 
- Liquid Adhesive - Scotch Quick Dry
The Mama Elephant release will be available to purchase on 15th September at 12am EST.

Elaine xxx

Disclaimer:  Some items in  this blog post have been gifted for design team purposes.  Items which have been gifted are identified with an (*).  All other items in the creation of these projects was purchased by me.




4 comments:

  1. Love the soft colours. That little sheep is just adorable
    Claire Mrs H's Crafty Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is suuuuch a sweet stamp set! The little lambs ears just melt me! ๐Ÿ’—

      Delete
  2. Absolutely precious! I loved watching the video and seeing how you created this scene!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah thank you so much Megan, it means so much! ๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’—

    ReplyDelete

About

Search This Blog