Tuesday 22 September 2020

Spooky Wishes Halloween Slimline Card

Hello everyone!  Today I'm back with card number 5 in my Halloween card series for 2020!  I hope you like it, I've really loved seeing other crafters' green Halloween cards so I'm having a go at creating my own!  In this card I used Distress Inks in Twisted Citron, Peeled Paint and Black Soot.  I concentrated the darkest colours around the edge of the card and on top of the grassy borders
I used the Slim Window Dressing Creative Cuts from Mama Elephant for the base of the card.  I cut the panel 3 times.  I kept 1 panel whole and then used the grassy border dies in the set to cut the two more grassy banks.  This will help give the card some dimension and more spaces to add in my mummies!

For the Mummies I used the Little Mummy Agenda stamps set and stamped them on to Strathmore Bristol Smooth card stock.  The mummies were stamped with Versafine Onyx Black Ink. 
I coloured the mummies in with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers.  I used the darkest shades in the areas I wanted to create shadow and then pulled the colour out with lighter colors.  Here are the colours I used:
To created the large letter sentiment on the card I used the Whimsy Alphas.  I cut them out on the largest panel and again from some black cardstock.  I attached the largest panel to a 3.5"x8.5" black cardbase and then adhered the other grassy panels on top.  The black letter die cuts were glued in to the negative letter spaces and the green letters were adhered on the corresponding letter but was offset a little to help make them pop.  To add more dimension I covered all the letters in Glossy Accents.
To add to the sentiment I heat embossed in white embossing powder the word 'wishes' from the Sincerely Yours stamp set on to black card.  I trimmed this down and adhered it to the middle of the die cut letters.

Once the mummies were stuck to the front of the card I popped on some pretty Peacock Feather jewels and stamped the spider few times around the card using Versafine Onyx Black Ink.
If you would like a start to finish tutorial of this card then please see the YouTube video I created below:


Here is a list of all the supplies used in this card:
Little Mummy Agenda - Mama Elephant
Slim Window Dressing Creative Cuts - Mama Elephant
Whimsy Alphas Creative Cuts - Mama Elephant
Sincerely Yours - Mama Elephant
Distress Ink - Twisted Citron, Peeled Paint, Black Soot
Black Paint - Gansai Tambi Watercolor 36 pan
Versafine Onyx Black Ink
Versamark Ink
Strathmore Bristol Smooth Card
Black Card - Creative Expressions 220gsm
Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers
Super Fine White Embossing Powder - Ranger
Misti Stamping Tool
Embossing Buddy
Heat Tool


Thank you so much for joining me!  Come back soon for card number 6!




 

2 comments:

About

Search This Blog