Tuesday 1 September 2020

Interactive Pop Up Box Card for Halloween featuring Hello Bluebird stamps

 Hello crafty friends!  I'm back today with another interactive card for Halloween!

For this card I cut out all the pieces for the card using black cardstock with the Lawn Fawn Scalloped Box Pop Up die.  I cut 2 of the large panels which creates the box shape when adhered together with the flaps and 3 struts.  This card is fairly simple so I only needed 3 struts to create the scene.

For the grassy elements which adhere directly to the struts I used Lawn Fawn Sparkle Cardstock in black from the 'Autumn' pack.  I used a Mama Elephant grassy border die (I used one of the dies in the new Slim Window Dressing die set).  These grassy sparkly panels measured just ever so slightly shorter than 3.25" so that they fit nicely inside the box.  The box won't fold up nicely if the grassy panels are cut to exactly the same length as the struts.

For the panels around the edge (on the inside of the card) I used the dies in the Scalloped Box Pop Up die set to cut the rectangles from Bristol Smooth cardstock.  I inked on some clouds in Wilted Violet Distress Ink with the Mini Cloud stencil from My Favorite Things.  I splattered on some black paint splatters to add to the spookiness of the card.

My images were taken from the Spooky Spellers stamp set by Hello Bluebird.  The images were stamped on to copic friendly cardstock using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  I used my copic markers to colour the images and a colour map is included here:


For the bat I added a small strip of acetate to the back to help him look like he was flying inside the card.  I used 1/8" double sided adhesive to help me get in less of a mess for this step.

I glued down all the cloudy panels to the inside flaps, adhered all the sparkly grassy borders and secured the bat (trimming off any excess acetate).  

For the sentiment I heat embossed in gold a 'Happy Halloween' sentiment from the Spooktacular Friends stamps set by My Favorite Things on to a scrap of black cardstock.  I trimmed it in to a thin strip and placed this on the front flap with double sided adhesive.

On the outside of the card I used some patterned paper from Spooky Boo 6x6 paper pad from Pebbles.  I love this dark grey design with black embossed bats.  I cut all the squares/rectangles needed and secured them with liquid adhesive ensuring an even border all the way around.  

For the very back of the card I placed a piece of white cardstock so that I have somewhere to write a message.  This measured 3 7/8" x 2 7/8".

Click below to watch the YouTube video:


Here is a list of the supplies used in this card:

Spooky Spellers stamps - Hello Bluebird
Spooky Spellers dies - Hello Bluebird
Scalloped Box Card Pop Up - Lawn Fawn
Spooktacular Friends stamps - MFT
Black Cardstock - Creative Expressions 220gsm
Sparkle Cardstock - Lawn Fawn (Autumn)
Grassy Border Die - Mama Elephant
8” Guillotine Trimmer - Tonic/Tim Holtz
Bristol Smooth Card - Strathmore
Mini Cloud stencil - MFT
Wilted Violet - Distress Ink
Black Paint Pan - Gansai Tambi Watercolour 36 set
¼” score tape (double sided adhesive)
1/4” score tape Strong Acetate (I used some old packaging)
Bone Folder - Lawn Fawn
Mini Misti Stamping Tool - My Sweet Petunia
Gold Embossing Powder - Papermania
Heat Tool - Papermania
Embossing Buddy - EK Success
Spooky Boo - Pebbles/American Crafts
Liquid Adhesive - Quick Dry Scotch Adhesive

I hope to see again soon with card #4 in my Halloween 2020 card series!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

About

Search This Blog