Saturday 22 August 2020

Card 2 - Halloween Series 2020



 Hey crafty friends!

Today I'm very excited to finally be bringing you the second card in my Halloween series for 2020!  Today's card features some Hello Bluebird goodies:  Happy Haunters stamps and Boo To You die.  

I used the Sunny Studio Stamps Sliding Window die to create the interactive element and also went a bit extra and added a shaker panel.  

The front of the card was created using my Distress Oxides in Spun Sugar and Picked Raspberry.  I love a pink tone on tone cloudy sky!  I couldn't resist picking up the new Rolling Clouds stencil by My Favorite Things this month.  Love it!

I coloured the images with copics, a full colour map is featured below in case you want to know any of the colour combinations I used.

There are a lot of steps in this card but I think it is totally worth it.  I created a video (below) if you would like to see all the steps.  These photographs will help you to see what measurements I used if you want to create the same.

The smaller piece of card stock (as pictured below) sits behind the larger panel and is secured by using 1/4" score tape along the flap created at the bottom of the window flap.

Sliding window measurements (front panel & pull tab)

Shaker panel dimensions
Shaker panel dimensions

For the shaker panel that sits behind the sliding window panel I cut this slightly smaller so that the pull tab can still be pinched and pulled.  A sentiment was stamped on the panel in the bottom third.  Small strips of foam tape were applied all around the edge and shaker pieces put in the well. Acetate cut to the same size as the card panel was adhered to the foam tape to securely house the shaker items.  

For the pull tab I used my crop a dile and an eyelet to create a tulle pull.  I added a small bow to hid the thread I used to tie the tulle.  



Supplies
Sliding Window die - Sunny Studio Stamps
Rolling Clouds stencil - My Favorite Things
Halloween Party - Hello Bluebird
Boo To You die - Hello Bluebird
Spun Sugar - Distress Oxide
Picked Raspberry - Distress Oxide
Picked Raspberry- Distress Ink
Black Soot - Distress Ink
Gansai Tambi Watercolor Set 36 - 20 Black
Copic Markers (see colour map)
1/8” double sided adhesive
1/4” double sided adhesive
Foam Tape - 3M scotch
Black Glaze Gelly Roll Pen - Sakura
Clear Sparkle Pen - Spectrum Noir
Glossy Accents
Crop-a-dile - We Are Memory Keepers
Eyelet - We Are Memory Keepers
Embossing Buddy - EK Success
Black Tulle - my stash
Sequins/confetti - my stash
Liquid Adhesive - Scotch
300gsm White Card
190gsm Black Card

Be sure to come back soon for card number 3!!

2 comments:

About

Search This Blog