Tuesday 18 August 2020

Card 1 - Halloween Card Series 2020

 BOO - Pretty Pink Posh stamps & dies


Hello and welcome back!  I'm thrilled to be doing another Halloween card making series on my YouTube and blog this year!  My last was one back in 2018...its flown by!  I've linked to the playlist for 2018 down below...be sure to check it out!

For today's card I'm using the amazing BOO stamp set by Pretty Pink Posh.  I adore all the stamps in this style (LOVE, BABY & JOY) and I was excited I could finally get to use the BOO version.

Before stamping all the images on to copic friendly cardstock I planned out the background on a piece of white copy paper.  I wanted to make sure I was happy with the placement before inking on to my speciality card which is more expensive!
Once happy with my 'cheat sheet' I stamped all of the stand alone images in the set on to copic friendly card stock using my mini misti and my Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  I coloured the images with copic markers.  A colour map is provided below.  The panel was then trimmed to 4"x5.25".  

For the BOO letters I placed a piece of black card into my Misti, treated it with an anti-static powder tool and then inked up the stamp with Versafine ink.  I coated the card with clear embossing powder and then heat set until the images.  The letters were then cut out with the co-ordinating dies.

I cut another set of BOO letters and used liquid adhesive to secure them together to give extra dimension on the card. 

My card base measured 4.25"x5.5" and the coloured image panel was secured to it using liquid adhesive.  I used liquid to adhere the BOO letters ensuring they were straight with a T-square ruler.  

To pull the card together I added a bright orange sentiment by colouring a piece of white card stock orange using the same copic colours as the pumpkins on the background.  The sentiment was stamped in Versafine Onyx Black Ink and coated with clear embossing powder, then trimmed down to a small strip.  This was again secured with liquid adhesive.

For a full 'how to' tutorial, please see the video below:



Copic Colour Map

Full supplies list:

BOO stamps & co ordinating dies - Pretty Pink Posh
Copic Markers
Anti static powder tool
Mini misti stamp platform - My Sweet Petunia
Clear embossing powder
Heat tool
Tuxedo Black ink - Memento
Pumpkin ink cube - Taylored Expressions
Lilac - Memento
Onyx Black ink - Versafine
Black Card stock
Copic friendly card stock
Big Shot die cutting machine
Liquid adhesive
Tim Holtz guillotine trimmer

2018 Halloween Series - click here

Thank you so much for stopping by!  See you next time! x0x0


1 comment:

About

Search This Blog