Monday 6 January 2020

First Valentines Card for 2020!

Hello and a very happy new year to everyone!  I hope you are all feeling rested and refreshed after the festivities!  I love making Halloween and Christmas cards so I'm sad to see that season go but I'm really excited for the next few months of valentines and Easter card projects!

After the holidays I sometimes find it hard to get my creative juices going so I like to look for inspiration in sketch and colour challenges....today's card was inspired by the colours in this week's color throwdown challenge.
I started with a piece of kraft cardstock measuring 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" and masked of 1/4" around the edges with post it tape.  I then took the 'falling hearts' stencil from Simon Says Stamp and spread some 'Ruby' Nuvo gimmer paste over the stencil.  Once I was happy with the coverage I quickly cleaned my stencil and pallett knife....this stuff dries FAST!  I set that piece aside to dry.

To create the frame I die cut some white cardstock with Lawn Fawns 'Outside in Stitched Scalloped Rectangles' (the largest in the set).  I took the scalloped piece and die cut a smaller rectangle to create a frame for the card.
I used the 'Love Quotes' stamp set by Mama Elephant for the main images and sentiments on the card.  I stamped the penguins with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on to copic friendly cardstock and coloured them with copic markers in C7, C5, C3, Y38.  The bow was coloured in R59, R39, R27.
I stamped the 'I love you, I love you' sentiment on to white cardstock which had been treated with antistatic powder bag with Versafine Sepia ink.  Clear embossing powder was applied over the top and heat set with a heat gun.  I die cut the penguins and sentiment with the co-ordinating dies.
To frame my penguins on the card I cut the smallest polaroid frame from the 'polaroid fun' set and backed it with foam tape.  I secured all the elements on to the now dry kraft card panel.  To add some extra details I die cut some hearts from some glittery red card.
I felt the lower third of the card was a little bare so I added a 'you're the best' sentiment from Mama Elephant's 'Occassional Labels' set - again I used the Versafine Sepia ink for this and trimmed it out with my guillotine leaving a small white border around the edge.  I secured this to the card panel with some dimentional foam tape.

I hope you enjoy this card and it gives you some inspiration for your own cards!

Have a great crafty day! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

About

Search This Blog