Wednesday 13 March 2019

Crafting Desert Divas Monthly Challenge - Pastels!

Well if you follow my Instagram you'll most likely have seen than I loooove pastels!  I especially love pinks and purples :)

For this months CDD challenge I chose to go with the pastel theme (you could have also chosen interactive cards) and I absolutely love how it turned out and I really enjoyed pulling out all of my CDD goodies!

For the background of my card I used four shades of distress ink: 
- wilted violet
- tumbled glass
- worn lipstick
- squeezed lemonade
I used a make up brush to lightly blend on the colour and build the colour up slowly.  I then smooshed some of the ink pad on to my glass mat (I first started with wilted violet), loosened it with some water and then used a paint brush to splatter on some purple droplets.  To protect the rest of the panel (blue, pink and yellow sections) I used a paper towel to lightly cover them while I splattered each section.  I then repeated the splatter process on each of the colours (blue on blue, yellow on yellow etc).  I trimmed down my panel to 4"x5
25" and used double sided adhesive to secure it to a white A2 side folding card base.
I used the 2nd largest die from the inside scalloped rectangle frame die set and cut it from some heavyweight white card and then secured this to the center of  the pastel card panel using some liquid adhesive.
The clouds were cut from some heavyweight white card with CDD puffy cloud die and lightly ink blended around the edges with the same distress inks as the background.  These were also adhered to the card with liquid adhesive. 

My bunny on a swing comes from the stamp set 'Look for Stars' which is full of adorable images.  I stamped the image with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink on some copic friendly cardstock.  I used the following copic markers to colour my image:
* Bunny - W4, W3, W1, W00, RV10
* Onsie - BV13, BV02, BV01, BV31
* Heart/Bows - R85, R83, R81
* Stars - Y13, Y11
Swing - BG34, BG11 (rope), E35, E33, E25 (seat)

I fussy cut the bunny and used liquid adhesive to secure to the card base.  I used a white gel pen to highlight a few points on the image.  I popped some Nuvo Aqua shimmer pen on the clouds, stars and heart and some glossy accents on the heart and star for a little pop of dimension.  I secured some confetti stars from the 'fairy dust' sequin mix with liquid glue on to the pastel background.
I hope you enjoyed this card and look forward to seeing you again soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment

About

Search This Blog