Thursday 30 August 2018

Shake It Up! CDD Designer Creative Challenge!

It's Shaker Time!

Hi Crafty Friends!  Today I'm sharing a fun shaker with you and it features some new products from the new release too!  


To begin I took two pieces of white cardstock and smooshed Victorian Velvet distress ink to use as my background on both panels.  On one of the panels I used the new Leafy Background stamp set and heat embossed this with tinsel gold embossing powder.

I used the Inside Scalloped Oval Dies to cut 8 oval frames from white cardstock and also to cut the heat embossed panel I created.  I adhered the embossed panel to the other smooshed background I created and then started layering up the frames around the edge. 

Once I had glued and layered up seven of the oval frames I filled my oval well with Maple Leaves Sequins.  I glued a piece of acetate over the top of the sequins ensuring all the sides were secured down to the oval frame.  Finally I glued one last frame over the top.  

I used the Favorite Nut stamp set to colour my squirrel image with copic markers and heat embossed a sentiment on to kraft cardstock with detail white embossing powder.

I think this card turned out super cute and I think these sequins are great for colour and size variation!

Hope you have a great crafty day!



No comments:

Post a Comment

About

Search This Blog